This Easy Taco Recipe quick, easy and perfect for a weeknight meal.
This recipe is a classic mexican-style taco casserole which is hearty, flavorful, and perfect for feeding a crowd. It can be easily customized according to your preference.
Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
-1 lb ground beef or turkey
-1 package of taco seasoning
-1 small diced onion
-1 diced red pepper
-1 diced green pepper
-1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
-1 can of corn
-1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 cup of Mexican cheese blend
-8-10 corn tortilla chips -sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes, cilantro for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and cook the ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the diced onions, red pepper, green pepper and sauté until they are tender.
- Add the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chilies, corn, and black beans. Stir until well combined.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour half of the beef mixture over the tortilla chips, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers of tortilla chips, beef mixture, and cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with desired toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes, cilantro and more.