Los Angeles Resurant Review
When a friend of mine suggested that we go to The Butcher’s Daughter, I was elated as it has been on my list of restaurants on Melrose (their West Hollywood location) to try. I had a feeling that she did not know that it was “plant-based”, but I wasn’t going to spoil the surprise. We went around 1 p.m. on a Saturday and surprisingly parking was very easy. We were greeted immediately as we entered and opted to sit inside instead of the patio, which is great for people-watching on Melrose, but we wanted something a little quieter so we could catch up.
‘STEAK’ & EGG ARUGULA SALAD | CHUNK FOODS ‘STEAK’™ | CHERRY TOMATOES | FRIED EGG CHIMICHURRI | PARMESAN
THE BEST EGG SANDWICH FARM EGGS | SMASHED AVOCADO | BABY KALE | CHEDDAR HARISSA MAYO | CROISSANT
The Mimosa Flight was good. The cold-press juices were fresh and light and tasted healthy. We did not feel bloated afterward.
As someone who has not eaten meat in years and greatly enjoyed steak, I was in shock. It looked like steak and tasted like steak. This is hands down the best plant-based “steak” I have ever had. It mirrored a steak cooked medium and was soft and full of flavor.
The salad with chimichurri was delightfully fresh. I forgot to order my eggs scrambled, and the very kind and pleasant server swiftly took my eggs back and promptly brought my scrambled one to me (I’m not too fond of runny yoke).
We did taste each other’s food and her sandwich was great, but I will have a hard time ordering anything else besides the ‘STEAK’ & EGG ARUGULA SALAD.
I highly recommend this restaurant. It doesn’t have meat, so if that is a deal breaker and you are not open to trying “plant-based” items, this is not for you. If you do not like to leave restraints without feeling bloated, this is not for you.
To check out their full menu and to see their events go here: https://www.thebutchersdaughter.com/west-hollywood/
- Food Quality: Taste, freshness, presentation, and consistency of dishes. 10
- Service: Friendliness, attentiveness, and knowledge of the staff. 10
- Ambiance: Atmosphere, cleanliness, decor, and comfort of the dining area. 10
- Value for Money: Pricing relative to portion size, quality, and overall experience. 10
- Menu Variety: Range of choices for different dietary preferences and tastes. No comment as I only tried 2 things on the menu
- Location: Accessibility, parking, surroundings, and overall convenience. 10
- Special Features: Unique offerings, signature dishes, or special events or services. 10
- Hygiene: Cleanliness of the kitchen, dining area, and restrooms. 10
- Timing: Promptness in service, minimal wait times for food, and reservations. 10
- Feedback Responsiveness: How the restaurant handles feedback and resolves issues. I did not correctly order my eggs and they corrected my mistake quickly 10.
*I was told by the server that The Butcher’s Daughter in Los Angeles is not affiliated with any other restaurant in West Hollywood, including other restaurants that have the word “butcher” in it.
About Ana Lefebvre
Follow Ana Lefebvre @itsanalefebvre
To have your restaurant reviewed please e-mail: email@example.com with “Restaurant Review Request” in the subject line.