One of the latest trends in skin care is CBD.
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is a compound that is found in cannabis sativa.
CBD oil is something that is commonly used for anxiety and pain (not medically given) in countries and states to where it is legal.
So why is CBD in our Skin Care?
Studies have suggested that the reason why CBD for skin care helps with anti-aging, acne and sensitive skin, because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
It is important to point out that CBD does not have tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is found in marijuana.
I wanted to try CBD and was gifted the CURAPURE CBD-INFUSED SHEET MASK by Curapure.
Curapure lists that the mask is a Full Spectrum Hemp Extract (aka CBD): antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Zero THC and non-psychoactive.
It also contains:
Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging properties
Vitamin A: repairs skin damage from sun exposure and aging
Omega 3 & Omega 6 Fatty Acids: keeps the skin hydrated and helps with skin growth
Citrus Junos Fruit Extract
- Found to help thicken the epidermis or top surface layer of skin
Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract
- Natural broad –spectrum antimicrobial
- Helps to condition the skin
- Probiotic ingredient with soothing and anti-aging properties
Ceratonia Siliqua Gum
- Derived from the seeds of St. John’s bread tree
- Moisturizing and skin smoothing properties
- Forms a light, permeable, visco-elastic film that prevents dehydration
- It shows a visible anti-wrinkle activity on the skin
- Increases the water holding capacity of the skin, and binds high amounts of water into the skin
Tamarind seed Extract
- Significantly improves skin elasticity
- Hydrates and soothes skin
- Smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles
The instructions are to leave on for 30 minutes after you wash your face. Use 2-3 times a week for the best results.
The product itself is a two piece 100% cotton mask which is great for adjustment and also if you do not want to use the mask on your entire face.
The mask was easy to use. Plenty of Product and I was able to do other things while masking (some masks are so ill-fitting that you have to sit stiffly in place).
I didn’t smell a fragrance (it says it is fragrance-free) and it wasn’t sticky.
Afterward, my face was glowy and a tad bit tacky for about a hour afterwards.
I did notice a difference in the softness and puffiness of my skin.
If you would like to try the mask…please go to their website by clicking here: Curapure CBD for Skin Care.