The Breadless Breakfast Frittata Sandwich
No Bun, no problem... here is a recipe for a bunless egg sandwich.
By Ana Lefebvre
As someone that is allergic to gluten, I am always searching for something that will replace bread. A Frittata is the Italian version of the American Omelette. It can be a nice substitute for a bunless egg sandwich.
Here is my recipe for the breadless breakfast sandwich that is gluten free and can also be made for vegetarians.
Breadless Breakfast Frittata Sandwich
- 2 Eggs Per Side (If you are making a whole sandwich you will use 4 eggs. If you are using a tiny saucepan use 1 egg per side)
- 1/3 cup Veggies (Ideas: Mushrooms/ Peppers/ Onions)
- Handful Spinach (Please note that Spinach shrinks a lot when cooking)
- 1/4 tbsp Olive Oil Or use a non-stick pan
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Heat the Olive Oil in a small saucepan on Med (the olive oil will aid with non-sticking) (the size of the saucepan will be the size of the breakfast frittata sandwich.
- Once the oil is hot put in vegetables and saulte´ to liking (usually about 1.5 minutes when the vegetables get translucent).
- Turn the setting of the pan to low and wait another minute.
- Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and whip together (salt and pepper to taste).
- Make sure Vegetables are in the middle and away from the edges of the pan for the shape of the egg frittata.
- Pour the eggs into the pan.
- Cover with a lid so the steam cooks the eggs.
- Check your egg after a minute to see if the top is cooked.
- If you like a crunchier egg flip the egg. Before flipping, make sure the bottom of the egg is set, this way it will not break. Use a spatula (that is meant for the heat) to aid in flipping the egg.
- Repeat recipe for the other side.
Notice: Undefined index: tag in /home/customer/www/myunboundedlife.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/recent-posts-widget-extended/classes/widget.php on line 109