Here’s 11 first date questions that will help that awkward first 20 minutes and hopefully ease you into a useful conversation.
1. What was the highlight of your day?
You don’t have to ask it just like this, but asking a precise question can lead to more of a direct answer instead of an open ended questions like “How was your Day?”- which a shy person may just answer “Good” or “It was okay”.
2. Tell me about your closest friends?
This is a great questions that will open up the topic of family and friends.
3. Have you been to any good restaurants recently?
You can learn a bit about their lifestyle habits and what type of food that they might be into.
4. Are you watching any good movies or TV shows?
If they don’t enjoy the Cinema or TV, you can ask the next question…
5. Are you more of an indoors or outdoors person?
Maybe the next date idea?
6. What pets have you had?
Pet’s are a big part of certain people lives. It’s important to learn about their furry best friend.
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Here you can tell a little about their lifestyle habits.
8. What did you do last summer?
Could lead to more questions about favorite places to vacation
9. What are people often surprised to learn about you?
A question that can lead to vulnerability and openness.
10. What’s your favorite holiday?
You can tell if birthdays are important to them or family oriented holidays.
11. What habit do you wish you could start?
This is a question that many people do not ask. May lead to a conversation about future goals and dreams.